16 Responses to Breastfeeding Advocates’ Intentions are as Pure as Water (Just Not Bottled Water)

1. Jenny says:

Thank you for this post Kris!! It is very big of you to state the things you wrote here. Coming from me or any of the other active BF advocates, they will dismiss it and say – o ayan na naman yung mga loudmouth advocates who are not thinking of others.

but coming from you, a breastfeeding mom, a marketing person, this speaks VOLUMES!!! Love you 😀

2. Eliza says:

I have no words except thank you. Pinaiyak mo naman ako eh.

3. Maan says:

I actually cried when I read this because I have felt alienated from my inlaws who keep asking for my expressed milk because they can’t (daw but really they just won’t) breastfeed. And I have given all the support and weblinks and information I can but still they just end up bottlefeeding then formula-feeding then being defensive about it until finally I end up feeling guilty when I breastfeed in front of them as if I’m gloating. What the?!?

Thank you for saying (writing) it out loud.

Oh no, hugs. You are selfless to do that. In the end though, it really is up to them. Stand firm in your beliefs. Who cares what they think? :)

4. Jen CC Tan says:

Kris, (parang 3rd time ko na ito sasabihin) THANK YOU for getting it (kasi nga a lot of people don’t) and putting it into words. I agree with Jenny when she says how much of a bigger impact it is, coming from you, a marketing person. Thank you for writing this and letting us to share this with those who still need to understand. HAHAHA!

You’re welcome Jen :) Glad I met you through social media because in your family’s parties, we probably would never meet because there are 10 million of you!

5. Jane Ibay says:

Congratulations and thank you for this article.

I breastfed all my kids : N until 6 months (i got pregnant early eh), M, almost 2 years and J, more than 2 years).

i strongly recommend it to my friends and acquaintances, too. I’d tell them breast milk is the safest, most nutritious, most convenient, most abundant and cheapest milk for babies. That instead of buying formula, the mom could buy nutritious food for the family and for the baby through even richer breastmilk.

6. Candice says:

Great blog post Kris. I really like your honesty here. Made me reflect on my own experience encouraging friends and relatives to breastfeed and how sometimes, it made me feel alienated. I hope this post reach more moms so that breastfeeding advocates are better understood. Your discussion on water also made me think. In fairness, the taste of water filtered through the Aquasana shower filter taste clean and light. Don’t worry I didn’t drink. :-) … Just used to brush teeth and gargle. :-)

Hahaha, your new baby boy will be so lucky he will bathed in filtered water from the start! :) N’s skin is so smooth.

7. Great post on this issue. Question lang about not using bottled water:

We stopped ordering “purified, distilled” water and bought our own water filter so that’s where our drinking water comes from. However, we still fill up a blue water container to store them.

*Side note: I was going to continue the paragraph above with a question whether where we should store the water but I seem to have answered my own question.

I don’t know why we’re still keeping them in blue water containers! Hmm. I think nakasanayan? I should get rid of that thing.

But what do you think about keeping one for emergency? Or storing bottled water for emergency? For our emergency box kasi, we have bottled water (Absolute).

Hi again!

And natawa ako sa realization while commenting :)

Yes, get rid of that thing! A lot of people do that – I guess kasi it’s more convenient vs. refilling all the time.

For emergency, and actually, even when we travel when we absolutely don’t trust the water source, we consume Wilkins or Absolute too. Just make sure to replace … every 6 months I guess?

• True, convenience nga lang talaga. Will discuss with the husband!

Thanks for the reminder, need to replace the water bottles we have on stock for emergency na. I’ll just write on tape date when we bought them. Or should I base on the manufacture date it has (if meron nga)?

8. Frances says:

I join you in saluting the breastfeeding advocates! They truly are heroes! I can never thank them enough!