OC Quick Tip: Bring Pajamas to Parties

N’s bedtime routine starts at 6:30 PM.  M’s starts at 8:30 PM.  Throughout the year, we successfully beg off nighttime parties but the Filipino Christmas season is, of course, different.

Since Dec. 21, we have been out every night for a party with friends or family; and we have been coming home past 10 PM.  Because of this, we have been bringing pajamas for the kids to every party.  If it’s in a resto, we dress them up in the car and just wipe down.  If it’s in a house, we bathe them and dress them up before saying goodbye.  Having the kids in pajamas also gives a signal to everyone that we’re serious about going home (and you can’t stop us!) haha.

In our family noche buena, I made a judgment error by not making them wear pajamas since we went home relatively early at 9:30 PM.  At home, N woke up when we were dressing her and she cried for almost half an hour and got even more tired.

Late night parties, long drives, over-stimulation from 10 million toys make Christmas a season of overtired children.  For sure, they’ll recover because they’re resilient and young.  It’s the moms I worry about.  Haha.  Oh, if we could bring our own pajamas too …

*Thank you to my friend Tanya for the pajama tip.

Merry Christmas!  Season’s Greetings!  Happy Holidays!  (whichever you prefer)

This entry was posted in My OC Life, OC On-the-Go and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to OC Quick Tip: Bring Pajamas to Parties

1. Cai says:

I always bring pajamas for the kids when I know we’ll be out late. :) Lesson learned from disturbing Y’s sleep just to change her into pajamas tapus nasira tulog niya. Haha!

2. Eliza says:

Pajamas are always in our toddler bag also. Basti tends to fall asleep in the car so I change him whenever we’re out past 10pm.

Before, I couldn’t imagine letting someone see my child in pajamas when outside. But I have learned not to care. Besides, minsan nga mas mahal pa pajamas kaysa sa regular clothes e!

3. Candy says:

Totally agree! Confession – I’ve had K sleep in the clothes she was wearing – just because I did not want to disturb her. Good thing is we usually change after dinner (they tend to get messed up) so the clothes are relatively clean :) . The painful part though is when they have fallen asleep – and then wakes up at home, wide awake , like they’ve gotten their second wind! Lagot.

Second wind talaga! I try as much as I can to keep them awake in the car pero kung pagod talaga, you can’t do anything!

4. esquire says:

Oh wow, I thought I was the only one who did this :) Nothing makes my little man sleep faster than a moving car. So we make sure he has changed and brushed by then!

Haha. I’ve been known to bring pajamas, a towel and bath things when we used to hit the theme parks in the States. We’d make them sulit and at the end I’m in the sink washing down (shampoo and all) the kids so that they can sleep in the car. Di ko kayang hindi sila maligo before going to bed! Wahahaha.

Shampoo in the theme park bathroom sink? Hahaha. If it’s a theme park, I think a bath is really necessary. On non-sweaty environments though, I have learned to choose the lesser stressor so a wipe down will do.

6. S.Moon says:

I just did this tip last night! Definitely lessened the stress

7. Tanya says:

Did I give you this tip?!?!

8. Rone says:

Pajamas and toothbrush! And when we are at my mom’s place I make them take a bath at their regular bath time. It’s that or not change them at all.

9. DW has his own travel toiletry kit and we always bring extra clothes whenever we go out so that we can change him when he’s sleepy (nakikiligo rin if it’s a house) so that when we get home he goes straight to bed!