It was our first PTC for the school year yesterday and here is the feedback of M’s teachers on her:
1. She loves packing away. She starts packing away at the sound of the 5-minute warning bell. She helps her friends pack away, mostly the boys.
2. She tells the teachers when a classmate did not pack away or talked out of turn. (Choo-choo! Is she gonna be one of those classmates??)
3. She loves rules. She can name all the rules in their classroom when asked.
4. She can easily tell when the routine is changed (on their schedule board) and asks why this happened.
5. Their classroom door is a bit loose so it sometimes opens a little. M gets bothered whenever the door opens so in the middle of discussions, she stands up and closes it. (Obsessive!)
Finally, the teachers said that if one of them would be absent, it would be OK to have M be the substitute teacher. (Manang!)
Before every PTC I’m always worried about what the teacher will say. It always turns out good for M but I’m worried my obsessiveness is rubbing off too much on her (you think??). I have to be more conscious to keep my weirdness to myself more often. Nevertheless, I am very proud she is this little responsible senior citizen trapped in a 5-year-old’s body.