My O.C. Best Friend with a Great (Eye) for Design

We lived in the same village, went to the same nursery (but we never met each other there), met in Grade 4 and she has been one of my best friends ever since.  She calls herself (eye) candy, coming from her blog 101 grams of eye candy.  She’s a mom to 4 beautiful girls but if you see her, you’ll probably think she’s still in college. As mom to 4 girls, you can just imagine all the school projects she helps them with.

So my friend, (eye) candy sent me photos of the perfect partner an O.C. mom needs for crafts and school projects for her kids and for other basic O.C. things — a Roving Caddy.

D (I’ll call her D because eyecandy is too long) says “I’m not really as OC as you and rest (!) but I like my things (supplies, tools, etc) within reach, accessible anytime when I need them and in their proper places.”  I think every OC mom always tries to play down her OC-ness for fear of high expectations.  (I am always in fear that someone will discover who I am, take a photo of my garage and expose me as the fraud that I am!)

Here’s her Roving Caddy in photos (described clockwise starting from 8 o’clock):

1-3: Her roving caddy has wheels so she can move it anywhere — doing crafts with her kids at the dining table, right next to her bed when filing stuff, in the living room when doing homework, etc.

On the side is the back-of-the-car-seat organizer, which she says they will NEVER use in the car (Hmmm, something against car organizers D? Hahaha) so she hung it at the side to keep her cutting mat (if you have a cutting mat, you ARE OC OK?), whiteboards for quick reviews and doodles with the kids and whiteboard markers and eraser (some of these were my Christmas gifts to her kids!  They probably hate me for giving them these instead of school stuff.  Your mom made me do it!).

4-6: She has a grab bag of more supplies (which is a gardening organizer or a giant bag organizer), basket of ribbons, her trusty Carl sharpener (loved this when I was still in school!), sewing kit in a Barbie tin lunch box, notecards with envelopes, Sharpies, complete basic supplies case which I use when I don’t need to bring along the whole caddy, accordion-type receipts organizer.

7: She calls this her fun toolkit: Includes silver twines, masking tape rolls, laser pointer for her visual aids when reviewing with the kids, small hole puncher, scoring tool for clean folds (still think you’re not that OC?), DYMO labeler, double adhesive dispenser, circle puncher, and curved corner puncher

D, I think you should package this whole Roving Caddy thing and sell it!  (Yes, I am an entrepreneur through and through.)

For more of her O.C. gadgets and her thoughts on pretty things, make sure you check out D’s blog 101 grams of eye candy!  D’s blog is so light and refreshing that you’ll feel your life is so boring and ugly (Hahaha, envy rears its ugly head!).  Seriously, she really has a very good and unique eye for, well, eye candy.  She featured some very popular bloggers (she featured me too but only because we’ve been friends forever!! and not because I have 10 loyal readers!) and their blogging spaces. She even got praised by Rajo Laurel for her “elegant eye”.  Way to go D!  I’m so proud of you =)

This entry was posted in OC People and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to My O.C. Best Friend with a Great (Eye) for Design

1. sam says:

I love the roving caddy idea! Eye candy for an OC mama’s soul :)

2. sam says:

I love the roving caddy idea! Eye candy for an OC mama’s soul :)

3. eyecandy says:

hi sam! Pang parlor diba? haha!

and OC Mom, we (us both) REALLY found the time to squeeze a post this crazy Friday…haha!

Thanks for the feature! and the Rajo link..i’ll read it again nga. Naks!

PS- im NOT OC! Hahaha!

• I know!! The priorities! Hahaha. Did I harass you too much today? Ok, no mixing business with blogging. You should go on Twitter so that Sam and I have 1 more follower. Hahaha.

P.S. If you just look at your blog, people will know immediately that you are very OC.

4. eyecandy says:

hi sam! Pang parlor diba? haha!

Thanks for the feature! and the Rajo link..i’ll read it again nga. Naks!

PS- im NOT OC! Hahaha!

5. Tanya says:

Like I said, her blog makes me want to kill myself. Shiny happy people make me feel depressed. Hahaha!

6. Tanya says:

How much for an exact replica of the caddy, Mommy (eye) candy! Bagong business. I will buy. Hahaha.

9. eyecandy says:

I don’t think Im a twitter person! Im boring.

Tanya, comment naman on my blog! :) (pilitin ba?)

mymommyology, you know i don’t pass on business opportunities..! haha! ( may naka package na Aquasana, hmm..tie-up?)

10. eyecandy says:

I don’t think Im a twitter person! Im boring.

Tanya, comment naman on my blog! :) (pilitin ba?)

11. cathykozak says:

What a fabulous LOL blog!

12. cathykozak says:

What a fabulous LOL blog!

13. Wow this is an awesome idea. Yes I have a cutting mat (though I have yet to find a scoring tool here in Jakarta) and I went super far to find a massive one that I wanted – all the way to Mangga Dua (their version of Divisoria). I love it! I use it when I wrap gifts or do crafts!

Thanks for this post! It will definitely help me when I am designing furniture for our study/guest bedroom. I have so many clear boxes for all my crafting (One box each for ribbons, batteries, sewing, cards, etc)

• Haha, you and (eye)candy will probably get along =) Hey, send me your OC photos too so I’ll do a feature on you. I am pretty sure you have a lot of OC-ness lurking around (based on your blog posts) =)

14. Wow this is an awesome idea. Yes I have a cutting mat (though I have yet to find a scoring tool here in Jakarta) and I went super far to find a massive one that I wanted – all the way to Mangga Dua (their version of Divisoria). I love it! I use it when I wrap gifts or do crafts!