I knew it; I shouldn’t have done it. I knew karma would bite me in the butt because of my previous post. Well yesterday, it DID (almost literally)!!
I was getting my hair colored and cut (by OC hairstylist Cherry Reyes — more on a future non-gross post) in Essensuals Toni & Guy in Mega Mall. After 2.5 hours, I needed to pee so I went out garbed in my black salon robe (whatever you call it) and went to the ladies’ room near Amici.
(Ok, think Sherlock execution for this part) Three things that most likely led to the horrifying climax of this story come back to me now as a haunting memory:
1. I did not want to remove my robe (even if I would look like a dementor going through Mega Mall) because I was wearing a white top and I didn’t want to risk getting any remnants of the hair color on it even if my hair was rinsed already.
2. I had to bring my phone with me because I was afraid someone would swipe it. Of course, I left my MacBookPro and bag just lying there by the mirror. There was security anyway. I JUST HAD TO bring my 3-year-old Gen 1 iPhone.
3. I was wearing skinny jeans which had really tight front pockets so I put my cell in my back pocket.
Do you see where this is going?
So I enter the cube, struggle with my robe and as I pull down my skinny jeans (sorry TMI), I hear a plop and see my iPhone taking a dive. I honestly thought for 5 seconds (it seemed like an eternity), held my breath, dunked my hand in there and pulled it out. (All this going in slow mo in my head with the Psycho soundtrack in full volume.) I got my pants back on with my left hand and got out of there to save my hand and my phone. I shook out all the water from my phone then I spent the next 5 minutes scrubbing my hands with soap. Then the next 5 minutes drying my dying iPhone in the hand dryer. Back in the salon, I think I used up 50 mL of alcohol on my hands and the phone. ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Despite the horror, I am thankful for two things:
1. That I was in The Atrium section where you have 1 person using the washroom every 20 minutes – so it’s 1/1 millionth of the usage of the regular Mega Mall bathrooms.
2. The toilet was actually clean. (Oh dear God, please give this one to me. Please please please)
My right hand feels alien to my body now (just like Evil Dead). It seems like there is this super disinfected glow around it (because I kept scrubbing it when we got home) but my brain still knows the truth. I still can’t use my right hand to touch my face or DD. I still cringe when I remember it. I won’t blame you if you stop reading because you’re super grossed out. I just had to let it out. I’m sorry!!!
Today, I’m buying an iPhone 4. And I promise not to talk about bad grammar again!!
Photo Credit: ibelieveinadv.com